Visual Merchandising (VM) is the art of presentation, which puts the merchandise in focus. It educates the customers, creates desire and finally augments the selling process. VM utilizes displays, color, lighting, smells, sounds, digital technology and interactive elements to catch customers' attention and persuade them to make purchases.
- Educating the customers about the product/service in an effective and creative way.
- Establishing a creative medium to present merchandise in 3D environment, thereby enabling
long lasting impact and recall value.
- Setting the company apart in an exclusive position.
- Establishing linkage between fashion, product design, and marketing by keeping the product in
- Combining the creative, technical and operational aspects of a product and the business.
- Drawing the attention of the customer to enable him to take purchase decision within shortest
possible time, and thus augmenting the selling process.
- It conveys the image of the brand and reflects the personality of the target markets that the retail
store wants to attract.